What is the purpose of the Brown Club?
Brown Alumni tend to follow diverse and unconventional pathways. We focus on high quality events and programming as a way to bring alumni together and strengthen our ties to each other and to the university. We support Brown alumni in the LA area and develop opportunities for alumni to connect, network and share experiences.
We have recently built a platform to better coordinate our diverse alumni community.
Who runs the Brown Club?
The club is run by a board of alumni. We work closely with the University to support dedicated initiatives around entertainment, diversity, entrepreneurship, the arts, health and wellness and the environment. The Brown Clubs work together to coordinate and sponsor social, cultural, professional and educational events and opportunities in the Los Angeles area.
What are some ways you can become involved?
1) Attend events
2) Submit panel and event ideas
3) Offer to organize or support events or initiatives
4) Offer to contribute or help manage digital content
5) Contribute prizes and award incentives
6) Contribute your time to sit on a panel or host an event
7) Join the BCLA Board or a sub-group
Why should you participate with the Brown Club?
- Complement your professional and personal endeavors
- Build new friendships
- Gain exclusive access to high value events
- The opportunity to work with Brown Alumni is always enriching
How do you become a BCLA member?
BCLA membership is open to Brown Alumni and parents of Brown students. We are currently revising our membership model, to be announced at our annual GalaBruno event in the fall.
How often does the BCLA Organizing Board meet?
The BCLA Board meets once a month at the City Club in downtown LA. For more information on become a board member, please email us HERE.
Can I still be a member of BCLA if I do not live in LA?
Of course! Any Brown alumni or parent of a Brown student is welcome to join us.
How do I find out about upcoming events?
Join our mailing list, HERE!